- A Non-Machine Readable Passport (NMRP) will be issued when the Consulate accepted an application in lieu of a passport which is expired or lost and the applicant requires a Non- Machine Readable Passport (NMRP) as a stop gap travel document.
- This passport can only be used once, and will only be valid for travel to Sri Lanka.
- Required Documents & Instructions: The application procedure for an NMRP is the same as for a new passport. Please visit https://www.slcgmel.org/new-passport/
In addition, please provide the following documents:
- Travel Itinerary (Tickets)
- Letter of request for the issuance of an NMRP, addressed to the Controller General of Immigration & Emigration, Colombo, Sri Lanka.
- Fee: AUS$42, payable by Cash, Bank Cheque (Personal/Company Cheque not accepted), or Money Order (drawn in favour of the “Consulate General of Sri Lanka”).
Credit/Debit Cards are not acceptable